re: Slave Cylinder

It is a stock item. Any of the Scout vendors should have them as well as a Navistar dealer.

-Scott Satterlund
 Binder Books

Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 13:52:47 -0400
From: eveland@domain.elided
Subject: clutch slave id

Hi again-

	So I managed to get a throttle cable that worked, and now I need
to replace the clutch slave cyl...  Its supposedly out of something IH,
maybe a pickup or something.  Anyway, as near as I can tell, its 11/16th
diameter, but thats from looking at a tape measure, not a calipers or
anything.  Its pretty simple, just the cyl with a piston on the inside
and two holes in the back, one for the hose, and one to bleed it.  The
only mounting provision that it has is a grove going around it near the
end that gets held in place by a stampled steel strap.  Anyway, I need to
find a rebuild it for this, but the navistar guy didn't recognize the
part number (which I'll have to look at again later).  I also tried napa
for the rubber seals out of simething else, but they don't go down to
anything smaller than 3/4".  So if this slave cyl sounds familiar to you,
let me know, I'd rather not have to buy a whole new master slave comibination
in the 3/4" size...  Thanks,