Re: EarlyWarnHubs

If you are talking of the hubs I think of as the cylindrical bodies, I
can think of only one disadvantage with them.  The later hubs with the
tapered bodies are spring loaded so that you can turn the knob to engage
them and if the splines aren't aligned, they will snap in when the
vehicle moves a bit.  With the older hubs, you may have to rock the
vehicle to get them to engage.  I don't know of any other advantages or
disadvantages.  Parts for these could be harder to find since they went
out of production about 30 years ago.

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts

On Mon, 19 Oct 1998 20:53:21 +0000 alice@domain.elided writes:
>Hello,
>Just last weekend, roamed a junkyard with 10's of Scouts (late and
>early body styles).  Saw a set of Warn manual locks on an early
>bodied Scout.  These appeared to have solid brass (bronze?) turning
>centers and the cylindrical bodies were finned.  I have seen this
>style somewhere before.  How do these compare to the later Warn
>manuals which have a plated center and a tapered body?  Are they
>worth going after?  Rare?  Parts a problem?  Will these fit the Dana
>44 axles of the later Scout2?
>Thanks!   Mark

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]