Re: Which HiLift Do U Recomm?

On Mon, 19 Oct 1998 19:49:24 +0000, alice@domain.elided wrote:

>Which "HiLift" jack do you recommend?  Aren't there two makes in
>circulation, both very similar design?  And which size is most useful
>given cost, stowage in vehicle, etc....
>Thanks!   Mark

There are Hi-lift and off name brands like farm jack etc. I have no
knowledge on the off brands. In the Hi-lift there are cast and forged
main shafts, I have heard that the forged is prefered but that there is
not much difference between them. The main shafts are available in
multiple heights, the most common off road I think is around 48".
That's also what seems to fit into most vehicles.

Jerry Whitteridge
jrwhitt@domain.elided
91 Jeep Wrangler
79 Scout II