Re: Towing, also Tom M.

Regarding towing, I think the design of the tow unit is most important. I've towed a Scout with a Scout
and a towbar, and was jacked all over the place at speeds about 30 mph. I hauled a Scout on a UHaul
Autocarrier, 500 miles over two mountain passes, through one of the windiest stretches of Interstate in
the United States, and it was completely stable, at 65 mph, even though the tow Scout had a 4" lift
(achieved with extended shackles, which would not have been my theoretical ideal). I've seen Suburbans
upside down with relatively small cheezy tow trailers ... obviously something got out of control even
with the long wheelbase and weight.

On the other hand, I haven't seen a post from Tom Mandera for a while, which is unusual. Last I saw,
there was a broken Dana 20, a girl with an enticing smile, and ....? Best regards, Kim Sol, 1980 Scout
II, "Copper".