GC's and rodding

This year's new vehicle crop has a couple of interesting
donor vehicles to keep in mind for the future, as we all
become master machinists <bg>:

The GC's now come with 3 hydraulic pumps for the front,
center, and rear diffs.  A difference in wheel velocity drives
the pump which pushes clutch packs together to limit slip.
This is all the blub said.  But I would think it would be
both a lot smoother than just trying to do it with centrifugal
force, and more interestingly (again, I don't know if this
was implemented) with the use of a valve you could
go "open" like an air locker for highway
use- or, anywhere in-between.  Cool!!!

The HO Firebird/Camaro's are getting TORSEN differentials.
Anybody who remembers Audi's assualts on Pike's Peak
know what those suckers are capable of.  I can't see the
axle tubes being strong enough for off-road,,, but, again,
that wouldn't be a great problem for a master machinist...

So keep an eye on the junkyards.  The Camaro's and
Firebirds tend to show up there pretty early in life--just
make sure that the previous owner was completely
removed!!

**In Use**
'70 1200D 4x4 Travelette 392 4spd
'73 1210 Wagonmaster, 392 auto
**Prepping for Repaint**
'67 1000B step-side p/up  BG241 + 4spd
**Parts (future projects?)**
'72 1010 T'all  392 at, '67 1000B T'all 266 3sp, '68 1100C 4X4 T'all 345 at