Re: T-quad rebuild

Matt,
I have a 80 traveler with a thermoquad also. It now has only 70,000
miles on it. when I got it the carb needed some work from sitting so
long. I found out that the 1980 thermoquad is a little different than
the others. I was able to get rebuilt kits for it, but needed the Carter
number off the carb itself. Even those weren't correct, the air horn
cover gasket wasn't the right one and left me with a vacuum leak. I was
able to use a little epoxy and luckily it works good now. Check closely
the little wells at the bottom of the plastic body. One of mine had came
apart causing hard starting from the fuel running out and into the
motor. I didn't want to run an adapter and a square bore then loose my
original air cleaner, since I drive the Scout daily. Rain, snow, ice or
whatever else Michigan has, so I took my time with the t-quad.
 It has been working fine for a year, although it will occasionaly die
right away when cold and mileage sucks, but I think that is the 3.73
gears.

Nick