Re: T-quad rebuild

Matt,
   Those two holes are probable for the EGR valve. They route exhaust
gases fumes back through the inatke and back through the cumbustion
chamber to reburn un-burned fuel. The major failure of the EGR system is
the build-up and eventual total clog of the EGR with carbon. You may
want to pull your EGR valve off the intake and clean the rest of the
ports up. OR, since you don't have to go through a visual emmisions just
remove the EGR totally and block it off with a piece of flat meatl. That
is what I did. I used silicon for gasket material. By doing that you
will also improve the power and pick-up of your engine. The biggest
problem with emmision equipment from the 70's and 80'2 is, when it goes
bad it kills your engine power.

Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided
1979 Scout II 345, 727, D44's w/3.07's, 4" Triangle lift.
1971 Scout II 304, D30/44, D20, power steering.

Now with Pictures!