T-quad rebuild

Bill Dugan bdugan@domain.elided writes:
Matt-
Yes, i'm interested in your experience/pictures/comments. I'd like to
know how much time it'll take (relatively speaking) to rebuild my spare
Holley myself; the T-quad is different of course but I figure they all
share the same basic design.

Seems like a few people are interested so I'll try to create something
useable probably in PDF form and make it available. Might take a little
bit to get it all organized. So far no problems with the actual process
just following along in the service manual and carefully labeling
everything as this is the first time I've even removed a carb from a
vehicle. Lots of gunk and carbon in there. Did notice that in the intake
manifold below the carb there are two readily visible holes (to
cylinders? probably) and more carbon. One of the ~3/8" holes had a
buildup of carbon that nearly halved it's diameter. Used a shopvac and
an awl to remove buildup and try to keep it from falling into wherever.
The other hole also had carbon but not as much. Is this a cause for
concern? What would cause that much of a buildup? It's dry carbon. The
carb had been seeping fuel around the gaskets which was the reason for
the rebuild kit for a 51K mile carb.

Matt Palguta 1980 Scout II carbless
ERAU Avionics 94
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.