Re: 80/800 disc swap problems

Chris P wrote:
>For the 80/800 guy: what do you mean by "doesn't release?"
Brakes, disc and drum, are responsible for
releasing themselves.  Disk brakes always drag a bit.

If the dragging is a lot worse than a "bit," you have a problem
but it shouldn't be hydraulic (you can convince yourself
of that by just unscrewing the line from the caliper.  Are you binding on
something?  Are your pins clean?<

Chris,
  I think his dragging problem is caused by the residual pressure valve.
That valve will maintain something like 5 psi fluid pressure on the
calipers.  That's enough to cause heat and  drag.  Course,  he could have
other causes of the drag like you suggested, but that's the first place I'd
look.

  I had exactly the same situation until I removed the residual pressure
valve.  On my first test drive of about a mile, my brakes were
unbelieveably hot, just from that residual pressure.

Doug