Re: What to carry: parts and tools

Allan:

There was a thread on this topic in Tech Talk about six weeks ago.  It's
now in the archives, at the URL below:

     http://www.binderbulletin.org/cgi-bin/archive_new.pl?read=14365

My own personal list of trail spares is at:

     http://www.binderbulletin.org/cgi-bin/archive_new.pl?read=14384

I had hoped to include an article on this topic in the latest Binder
Bulletin (10/1/98), but there just wasn't enough space.  So it got deferred
til Jan '99.

Additionally, the November issue of Petersen's 4WOR has a pretty
comprehensive section on "Trail-side Repairs", which gives lots of ideas
about tools & spare parts.  I seem to recall seeing a page in "checklist"
format that summarized the tools/parts used in the "Trailside Repair"
article.  Should be a decent start, anyway.

Hope that helps,

Bill Thebert
The Binder Bulletin