Re: Attaching vehicle to trailer

>What about air down the tires, throw chains over the axles, then pump the
>tires back up.  That should put some tension on them.
>
>Steve

Steve:

In my trailering experience (since about last April <g>), I've not had to go
to such extremes.  I have semi-permanently affixed 2 chains to the tail end
of my trailer.  I drive the Scout up onto the trailer, stopping short of the
planned final location.  The two rear chains are looped over the axle tube,
under the spring leaf, and back over the axle tube & the ends affixed to the
original chain at a marked point.

I then drive the Scout further onto the trailer until the two rear chains
are tight.  I then secure the Scout with additional chains to the front
axle.  These are tensioned with ordinary chain binders & safety straps.

I leave the body to flex freely.  The chains stay good & tight, though I
still check them periodically.  The truck remains in gear (4WD-Low) on the
trailer as well.

Bill