Re: Head Gaskets

Jeff asked:
>Could the head gaskets be reused to switch the heads
>back around? How about the intake manifold gaskets?

Hypothetically, No.  I don't think the cost of new gaskets
is worth a risk of a leak, say, between the coolant and the
oil, or cylinders.  Once they have been compressed, they
should not be re-used.

Of course, I've never found myself in any situation where I had
to take something apart due to an error, like a transfer case.
And if I ever did, I'm sure I would hypothetically chalk up that
extra cost, like, say a second new output bearing, to the
"educational experience" of it.  Thinking hypothetically, of
course.

But, it is your choice.  How much did that rebuild cost?

Allan Weidenheimer
72 1210 Pickup