Re: 1-1/2 ton IHC

I recall seeing a photo of a dually where the fenders had a strip welded
in to make the fenders wide enough to cover the duals.  I don't think
this was a cataloged option and probably it was a Special Equipment
order, maybe even done outside, but at least one did exist.

I do not remember that a 1510 4x4 was offered, but there were likely some
built.  In Crismon's book, he shows the last Light Line coming off-line,
a 500 4x4, which he notes was not a cataloged model.  I don't know what
the axle model was, but likely it was a Dana axle.

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts

On Fri, 9 Oct 1998 17:55:56 -0700 "Allan Weidenheimer"
<allanw@domain.elided> writes:
>>They came as a chassis and cab only, you
>>installed your own body--van, stake, dump, etc.  You might be able to
>>take a dually pickup box and make your own pickup.  I've seen that done
>>with a Loadstar, but it was never done from the factory.
>
>Howard:
>Did IHC ever make a dually pickup box?  I don't recall ever seeing one,
>even in a photo (Crismon, etc).  All the duallys had utility boxes of
>some kind, or flatbeds.
>
>I know where there is a 1510, with a van body.  A 1510 4x4 Travelette
with
>a 8' bed would be COOL to haul my 11' camper.  Oh, but did 1510's
>come in 4x4?  What front axle would that use?
>
>Allan Weidenheimer
>72 1210 Pickup

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]