Automatic Shifter boot replacement???HOW?

OK, I'm either an idiot or someone glued everything in place!

How do you get a new shifter boot installed I can't get the knob off the
shifter and I can't figure out how the shift leaver comes apart.  The
IHC Manual for the 1974 is useless in this area!  Some one please help
or I going to buy a hack saw soon!

I just wasn't to drive it without getting high from the fumes...
Ed Kraus 1974, I-6, no interior and now a shifter problem.

UPDATE:  My sound proofing and Carpets are in!!!!!!!  I just have to
replace all the seats, belts, and misc. parts that came off during the
project where did I put all those screws and bolts. I also need to get
the roll bar painted, speakers installed, rollbar installed, tune up,
paint job, door seals, new windshield, ect ect ect...