Art's vapor lock- I actually read it this time

Having re-read Art's post, I think my ideas had no
relevance.  Sorry.

I think he meant that he added the electric
pump to address an existing problem, and it was
also a 6v pump which isn't as cheap and easy to
replace as the regular 12V ones.

So I don't know-- I'll re-read the IH shop manual
on vapor lock.. there was an interesting point that
stuck in my mind about "high points" in the fuel line--
 that is the line isn't always ascending from tank to carb but might dip in a few places.

You could check for that.

Otherwise, is this really as regular as posted?  My
electric fuel pump really, really growls when it's inlet
fuel filter requires replacement....
is there some restriction in your tank??
You say that you used rubber hoses, could they become
pinched somehow, or do they just get warm and soft
and then collapse under the suction?
A stretch (pun not intended), I know.

**In Use**
'70 1200D 4x4 Travelette 392 4spd
'73 1210 Wagonmaster, 392 auto
**Prepping for Repaint**
'67 1000B step-side p/up  BG241 + 4spd
**Parts (future projects?)**
'72 1010 T'all  392 at, '67 1000B T'all 266 3sp, '68 1100C 4X4 T'all 345 at