Sound Proofing

I'm also working the sound deadening issue.  My terra has a 3" body lift and I was considering glueing some foil covered inslulation under the floor.  The question is, what could I use to  hold it up.  Is there an adhesive that will hold it up through wind, rain, snow, and mud.  Or should I screw it up some how.  Or should I not consider it because i"ll just loose it after about a month.
---
Layda,
Tark
'77 Terra 345/T19/D20