Re: sound proofing

Darrel-

These are issues that I have been pondering as well. Two products I am
considering, and will test before I use either one (or decide to go with Durabak):

-Dupli-color ahs a new product that is a bed liner in a can, I think you can
find a website on it by searching for "Dupli-Color"

-In the roofing section at Home Depot they have a product called ElastoSeal.
It is a thick black rubbery coating that looks like an inner tube once it sets
up. It is about $25 for a gallon can. I am considering sandwiching this with
30lb roofing paper on the inside of my Scout.

The roofing product that is like Dynamat is called Ice Guard. I have never
actually seen this, I have heard it only comes in contractor-sized rolls for
about $80. You may have to talk to a roofing contractor to find it.

Some of the car stereo people on the web have good info on soundproofing.

Looks like the rain just let up, time to go back out and finish putting the
345 back in my Scout.

HTH
Jeff