IH's are tough,no headlights,80 body on a II frame

(I snipped a bunch from each post)

>Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 From: Joe_Costanzo@domain.elided
>Subject: IH's are so tough they can heal themselves!
>my 345 has been running a little on the rough side
>at the next red light, my idle was back to normal!
>Last night was probably the coldest we've had this fall,

Once it warmed up it ran OK. Maybe you need to adjust the choke for fall.
I re-do mine spring & fall.

>Date: Fri, 02 Oct 1998 From: brendan_shepherd@domain.elided (brendan shepherd)
>Subject: no headlights
>It's back from the dead.
>After nine years of growing roots in a parking lot south of downtown L.A.,
>But the headlights don't work.

If the Travelall is like my Scout, look for:
  water damage\corrosion to the light switch or high beam switch
  bad grounds
  a fusible link that gave its all to protect your electrics

>Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 16:39:14 -0500 (EST)
>From: "daniel.r.felix.1" <dfelix2@domain.elided>
>Subject: friend possibly going to put an 80 body on a II frame

See the Fleckster's web site for a pic:
http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~jlfleck/nwbru.html
Maybe John F. knows who it belongs to?

If anybody does have info on this, please DO post it on the digest.
I like the 80\800 body style, but have too much invested in my II's running
gear to sell it.  And the rust is starting to win again...

Bob
77 Scout II
LIOR