Re: Gasket(s)

Dutch:
   I too had a problem with getting those exhaust
donuts to seal.  First, you need to make sure
the pipe is meeting square with the manifold.  If
it isn't, you will never get io seal.  If it is, here is what
I did to make mine seal better:
I cut a round piece of wood with a bandsaw set at
an angle so that the wood circle would go partway into
the donut.  Then I drilled a hole in it and ran a 1/4" bolt
through.  I chucked the bolt in my drill, and applied some
valve grinding paste on the flared surface of the exhaust
pipe.  I set the donut in the exhaust pipe, then put the
round wood into the donut.  Then, turn on the drill so
that the wood turns the donut.  This grinds the surface of
the exhaust pipe and donut to make them match.  Keep
doing it until there is a nice surface all the way around,
applying more grinding paste occasionally.  I have not had
any problem since.

Allan Weidenheimer
72 1210 Pickup