The Maverick

Here's a theory:

The piston starts out behind the little hole in the reservoir.  Fluid can go back through
that hole until the piston passes it.  If you've ever forgotten* to put the m/c cap
on, you've seen the resultant geyser.

Possible Dan's leaky gasket allowed this geyser to mix alot of bubbles into the fluid-
aggravated by the lower fluid level a leaky cap would cause.  The bubbles
would work their way into the system.

Sort of a stretch, but give me credit for trying.

*I think some vehicles (German?) have check valves in the hole.
This is because when I learned to bleed brakes, I swear I didn't
have to bother to put the m/c lid back on.

The one day, my wife pushed on the pedal and brake fluid went everywhere.  So now I put
the cap on.

**In Use**
'70 1200D 4x4 Travelette 392 4spd
'73 1210 Wagonmaster, 392 auto
**Prepping for Repaint**
'67 1000B step-side p/up  BG241 + 4spd
**Parts (future projects?)**
'72 1010 T'all  392 at, '67 1000B T'all 266 3sp, '68 1100C 4X4 T'all 345 at