Brake master cylinder

I hope I don't cost myself a piece of butter cake, but the reservoir is just that, it's not endemic to
the functioning of the system.  It wouldn't be necessary if the wheel cylinder never changed it's
outward extension, that is, if the pads didn't wear.  Don't have an explanation for Dan's experience
except that what does a Maverick have to do with automotive applications?

Which neatly ties back into my light truck disc brake thread:

On all mixed-brake vehicles I have ever seen, the front discs have a bigger res. chamber than
the rear drums  Is just the chamber bigger, or is the bore (and therefore the fluid displacement per
stroke) bigger too?  It might be-- which would explain why the front res. is also always at the rear
of the cylinder...can't machine it otherwise.

What I'm getting around to (if anybody's still reading) is that if you're going to put front discs in,
you may want to grab a (still readily available new) '73 1010 m/c.*

Now if the res. is just bigger because the discs consume more fluid, most people on this list have
no doubt gotten expert at regular checks of all  fluids- so no advantage.

But if IH upped the amount of fluid per pedal displacement for the front discs, then you almost certainly
should too.

I have examples of both types of m/c, I think I'll rip them apart some dark winter day unless somebody
knows for sure.

*Scouts, of course, same thing with the appropriate vehicle year.

**In Use**
'70 1200D 4x4 Travelette 392 4spd
'73 1210 Wagonmaster, 392 auto
**Prepping for Repaint**