Re: STOP STOP STOP

>Don't take the valve springs loose without somehting to hold up the
>valves.  And don't count on grabbing them with your fingers.  If the
>valves drop into the cylinder you have to pull the head.
>can replace the stem seal.   BTW this takes a lot of air.  the cylinder
>will leak a surprising amount.  Hook the air line to your compressor,
>don't rely on an air tank.  A tank won't hold enough air.

Hmm.. I guess I won't be then... 'till I can schedule some time with a
friend of mine...

See, the only air compressor I have is the on-board York, mounted on the 304
now (shoulda left it on the 196, and had a full blown stationary
comrpessor!)... so it would be "fill tank" and then tear motor apart.  d'oh.

Wasn't there a rope trick too?... seems Mike Shaw had a problem with it

I'll stick with the carb for tonight then! :)

Thanks, Steve.

OK, so I finally have the welder... now the compressor moves back up on the
"big toys to buy" list...

-Tom