center consoles

>I was looking through my owners manual for my '77 Traveler and it shows the
>optional center console (locking). I was wondering if there was still
>anywhere
>that i could purchase the console. i have a softtop on me traveler and the
>tailgate doesn't have a lock, and the passenger lock doesn't werk. so its
>pointless to lock the driver side door. so i need something to keep stuff
>locked up in.
>   Thanks,
>      Matt Cason

Matt,
I have the locking center console on my Terra, but security with it is a
joke. If you have very small kids, they might not be able to get in
........ yeah, they could get in too. If you really want security you
need to go with something besides the original. John F. builds
hell-for-stout locking center consoles, but he doesn't pretend that they
look original.
John H.

John Hofstetter  "Ol'Saline's Web Site" www.goldrush.com/~hofs
"Perhaps more to remember than ever really happened"
Life Member, National Rifle Ass.     California Rifle and Pistol Ass.
Member, Sierra Macintosh Users Group and MacTwain Macintosh Users Group
Charter Member, FRIENDS OF DEATH VALLEY   Member, Blue Ribbon Coalition
Life Member, Association of California School Administrators
Owner of 79 Scout Terra "It's a legend"