Re: Walnut shells?

>John:
>
>The "walnut shell" process I heard about involved removing the spark plugs
>and filling said spark plug hole with an implement that "blasted" walnut
>shells around inside the cylinder (at TDC with valve closed of course). It
>didn't involve voodoo and black magic, like the "let the Bon Ami flow off
>your hand into the intake stream" process your referring to.
>
>Tom H.

Tom,
I never heard of that. It sounds like a walnut shell version of those
hollow "sticks" that you put down into your black water tank to stir up
the "stuff".

There was no voodoo and/or black magic in the Bom Ami treatment. It
worked and worked well if the rings and cylinders were basically OK, and
the rings were just not seating. I don't remember that I ever used chrome
rings without having to Bom Ami them.

John H.

John H.