Re: Seatbelt rant

At 08:45 AM 9/30/98 -0400, Chris & Ranae Procyk wrote:

>What if the person who tangled with Epp hadn't been wearing
>a seatbelt?  If the accident was his fault, his life could be
>on the verge of becoming very miserable just over a moment's
>brain fade.

the other problem is that in the current legal climate, this stuff doesn't
happen in a vacuum. accidents that are aggravated due to non-use of belts
or helmets drive everyone's insurance costs up.  i personally don't care if
some person who doesn't want to wear belts or helmets ends up with
splattered brains -- that's a choice, one that i don't agree with, but a
choice -- but i do care what my insurance premiums are.

life is too complicated for simple slogans,
  richard