Re: on board air

>So is there something special about the york compressors other than
>that they came on the IH engines?  I have a small block chevy, and

The York is special because it is a two cylinder compressor with a seperate
crank case.

It is lubricated via oil in the 'case.  The Tecumseh (I think) style used on
typical GMs of the 70s is a rotary shape, and is lubricated through oil
inside the freon.  Works great so long as your recirculating the freon... to
make it *last* in an on-board air setup, you'd need a pre-oiler and
post-seperator.

-Tom