Throttle cable...

Eric,

        Truth be told, the bike cable is probably a better cable.  I replaced
mine a few years back with aircraft stainless braided cable, and eliminated the
cable stretch also.  I put threaded trunions on either end but then opted for a
machined soldered brass 'snap' end like the original on the carb side.  Now I
can change the cable out in a matter of minutes, and I only have to hope that
the temp of the carb end of the cable doesn't get to 425deg.F to melt the
solder!  It was a horror driving home the night it broke, the frays held it at
full throttle, and I couldn't restart it very well, if I shut it off at a light,
so I would stand on the brakes at the light, slip the Torque Convertor, and it
would brake stand every time I stopped!  Just make sure that the carb side is a
firm attachment, and put double trunions on the accel. pedal side, and you're
fine.

     -Joel Brodsky

         '76 IHC Scout II 345/tf727 RE8000, Cibie40s, custom
                rear tire rack, 6 different color body panels.
                Not much sport, all utility.
         '75 IHC Travelall 150 4wd 392/tf727 Hummer brush guard,
                3/4T rear springs, Hella Rallye 2000s, Con-Ferr 5x7,
                Class IV hitches front and rear, 3" Exhaust.
                1st Place, Rocky Mountain IH Rendezvous,
                3rd Place, Tulare IH Western Regionals.
         '74 IHC Travelall 150? 2wd 392/tf727 "The 'new' one"
                Factory AM/FM, Cruise, Tilt, AC, Captains Chairs,
                Rblt, Alt, carb, fuel pump, ps pump, water pump, dash,
                seats, rear door, starter, master cyl, what could be left?