RE: Skyjacker

>Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 17:21:13 -0600
>From: Matt and Stacy Sopher <sopher@domain.elided>
>Subject: Skyjacker lifts.....
>
>IH all,
>I have noticed in a few posts lately, many of you who have the SkyJacker
>lifts have been unhappy with them. Mostly the have sagged.
>I am planning on putting a new lift on my Scout this winter, and have
>considered SkyJacker.
>So, how many different brands of lifts out there? Quality? Price?
>and who would I contact to get one? Is SkyJacker really that bad?
>What about Superlift? Rancho?
>I have Dayrunner shocks on my Scout. Who "really" makes them?
>just wondering.....
>Matt Sopher

Well Matt,
I've had the Skyjacker springs for a few years now and I've never been
happier with
the quality.  I don't have any major sagging problems.  I figure all springs
will sag...
But I haven't seen anything.  The back end does sit a little lower than the
front but
everyone I know has that problem regardless of what springs they have.  A
simple fix is
some extended shackles if you really don't like it.  From examining all the
springs out
there I was most impressed with Skyjacker.. there quality of metal was far
superior and
I thought there design was the best from what I saw.  Not to put any of the
others down..
I can't quite say there bad... just I pick Skyjacker for there product and
it's never let me
down.

Hope this helps...

Jeff Bade
Chicago, IL
1980 Scout ][, 304, TF727, D300, 3" Body lift, 4" Spring lift,
33x12.5xr15 tires, 4 wheel disk, SS][ converted