Re: TSM kit

>Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 11:15:08 -0700 (PDT)
>From: ron paradise <dana4430@domain.elided>
>Subject: tsm rear disc brake kit
>
>I am thinking about a tsm rear brake kit for my scout. However, I only
>want to buy the brakets and not the rotors. Tsm has told me that the
>kit uses custom late model chevy 4x4 rotors that are drilled with 5
>holes to fit the scout. The stock chevy application uses 6 holes. I
>was told that a stock chevy rotor with 6 holes could be redrilled for
>5 to fit the scout. Has anyone done this? Will the balance of the
>rotor be thrown off by drilling extra holes?

Why not by them from TSM.. By the time your done you won't save any money.
Your correct in the rotors won't be balanced (Not that I don't know if you
would really notice it or not) and it's so much easier to get everything at
the same time from the same source.. If something goes wrong.. guess what
it's
probably not your fault...
I got the whole kit in spring and LOVE it... Although you do need a
proportioning valve.
Using the stock setup the rears lock up before the front in heavy
braking....
(Not a good Idea!)
Anyway... Hope this helps...

Jeff Bade
Chicago, IL
1980 Scout ][, 304, TF727, D300, 3" Body lift, 4" Spring lift,
33x12.5xr15 tires, 4 wheel disk, SS][ converted