Re: Dropped drive line

I had an old postal j##p that I had, had lifted in the rear and put 15"
tires on in place of the old 14". After that I couldn't keep u-joints in
the shaft. I put degree shims in the back to lesson the angle on the
shaft. It wasn't an extreme angle. My Scout now has a tighter front
shaft angle than that did. But, any way, I had one U-joint grenade on me
and actually took a chunk out of the yoke and ripped the strapp off and
tore the strap at the bolt eye. I had a welder at work re-weld the
strap, and the yoke itself was still usable.
   So, I said all that to say this. I've personally seen a yake damaged
by a grenading u-joint.

Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided
1979 Scout II 345, 727, D44's w/3.07's, 4" Triangle lift.
1971 Scout II 304, D30/44, D20, power steering.

Now with Pictures!