Re: Need Tquad that passes emissions tests in CA

Tom Harais wrote
>I come to you on hands and knees:
>Is there any Digester in California, who is running a Thermoquad on
>his/her Scout (or was) that he/she was able to pass emissions with? And,
>if so, would you let a poor soul borrow said Thermoquad just long enough
>to pass the emissions test so he can get his motorhome (that's right,
>it's not IHC but I'm desperate and a Thermoqaud is the only "smog legal"
>carb for a Dodge 440 in a 16,000 GVWR motorhome in CA since it was built
>that way - I already asked Holley and Edelbrock!) smogged and
>registered.
Tom Edelbrock make a smog legal TQ replacement for the 77-79 Dodge motor home
with the 440-3 motor I have a '78 Commander with the dodge 440 and a TQ that I
rebuilt myself and it wotks great (the Edelbrock carb is around $400.00) What
is the problem that you are having? You could have a vaccum leak or the idle
screws adjusted wrong.
What part of Ca. are you in?

Tom Martin