Spring lift final

Wow, that was wierd. I not only responded to my own post I also e-mailed
it to myself. So, with the real time digest and the direvt responce to
myself I got both copies right back to me.
Any way, Digesters,
   I added the rear brake line to my Scout today. I had to cut the old
steel brake line fitting and the old rubber hose off and reflair the
steel line. A friend lent me his double flairing tool. It is an Imperial
brand tool. I thought it was very nice. I would like to rehash the
thread on flairing tools now that I know how they work and what they do.
   So with the new hose on the back I wanted to test articulation. I
have a pile of dirt in my front yard where a friend of mine dumped it
back in May. It is all hard and packed now. I looks like a big Galapago
Tortice. So I took the Scout to this mound for some ramp travel tests. I
got some really cool pics with the various wheels stuffed into the
fenders and drooped out of the fenders. At one point I almost broke a
leg getting out of the truck to take the pictures because of the hight I
had to drop from! As soon as I get the pics developed I'll get them up
on the net.
   With the stainless steel braided line on the back now I have a really
hard pedal. When I stand on it it really stops! Wow! The only thing is,
my extra capacity master cylinder I got from NAPA this year I think is
going on me. When I'm at a light, the pedal slowly leaks down and I
start to roll a little until I re-pump the brakes. I'm not leaking any
fluid, I know that. So, is this the master cylinder, or the power
booster?

Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided
1979 Scout II 345, 727, D44's w/3.07's, 4" Triangle lift.
1971 Scout II 304, D30/44, D20, power steering.

Now with Pictures!