electric problem

Help, A few weeks ago I wrote for assistance with a electrical problem. My
Traveller was dying when it hit a sharp bump. We believe we have found the
problem. It was the spark control module (this is what the auto parts store
is calling it). My new problem is that every parts place in this area says
they have it listed but cannot get the part. My Scout is a 77 Traveller
304V8 w/ electronic ignition. The part mounts on the firewall to the drivers
side of the gold box. It is about 1 1/2 x 2 1/2 inches in size. It has 5
wires coming out of the back, one is bradded to the box on the side, 2 wires
go to a male/female plug and the other 2  wires go to a flat plug which goes
to a vacuum unit that is bolted to the bottom of the part. It has a part
number (partial?) of Prestolite SWF4280 on one of the legs that bolts to the
firewall. Looking in the service manual I have, it maybe the DTM or maybe
the distributor sensor. I'm not that familar with the electrical system. Can
someone help. I have check wrecking yards in the area for a used one, but
scout in yards around East Texas are far and few between.
If someone has an extra one of these I'll send money for it to be shipped
over night.
Also does it hurt to by pass this part, that is how we finally got the scout
to start.

When will there be a ralley or any scout thing in Texas or near?

Thank You,
Becky Bass
thefarm@domain.elided