RE: Re: Front Discs for 4x4 Pickups & Travelalls

> Dunno if the solid-axle 4x4 models of pickup & Travelall ever came with
> discs, Chris.  All I've ever seen is drums.

Such has been my experience.

> John Comer of Gryphin Automotive did the research and the test-fitting, as

Crap, I remembered the article but forgot that it was John Comer- so please tell
me that the tow rig he was using at the Nationals WASN'T the converted vehicle-
otherwise I'm going to have to spend a few months kicking myself for not looking at it.

BTW, I see that my '68 1/2 ton (5 on 5-1/2 bolt pattern) has closed knuckles.  I
also am given to understand that the brake drums may be rare.  Not a problem
for me, because I have no plans for that truck*, but are other owners SOL if they want
to go to discs?

There was some ancient thread on this but I wasn't paying that close attention because
I didn't have the truck at the time.c,d..dcd

*Crap, between the time I first wrote this and now, a local friend called and said he
just picked up a non-running, 2wd 68 T'all with a very solid (most of it's life in Texas)
body.