Need Tquad that passes emissions tests in CA

Digesters:

I come to you on hands and knees:

Is there any Digester in California, who is running a Thermoquad on
his/her Scout (or was) that he/she was able to pass emissions with? And,
if so, would you let a poor soul borrow said Thermoquad just long enough
to pass the emissions test so he can get his motorhome (that's right,
it's not IHC but I'm desperate and a Thermoqaud is the only "smog legal"
carb for a Dodge 440 in a 16,000 GVWR motorhome in CA since it was built
that way - I already asked Holley and Edelbrock!) smogged and
registered.

I'm already out $230 on a rebuilt that isn't working right and everyone
warns me that if I get another, it will be just as bad. I considered
rebuilding the one I have, but parts are scarce if I need to change
anything.

Those of you that live outside of California: Count your stars and be
real carefull about what kind of emissions testing the EPA forces on
your state. It all looks real simple on paper, until they just don't let
you register your twenty year old car anymore or tell you that you can't
use that carbuertor on that vehicle because it "isn't approved". Never
mind that Carter hasn't built Thermoquads in more than twenty years and
there are no "legal" alternatives. Just sell your vehicle out of state
or sell it to a dealer - Those are your only options.

Tom H.

Tom H.