Re: Brake lines, no, brake warning light

The switch in the distribution box is pushed one way or the other by a difference in
pressure between the two sides (in my case front and back brakes). I don't recall
the exact pressure differental stated in the service manual but the value isn't
critical. The manual says that once repairs are completed the switch needs to be
taken out and reinstalled to reset it. It looks like a pin that contacts ground when
pushed to one side or the other. Is it possible that you have air in the brake
lines? Air is compressible while brake fluid isn't. I'm not sure if this is enough
to cause the requisite differential in the distribution block or not. Another thing
to check is the emerg brake pedal/switch. Mine seems to work but it looks like there
is plenty of play that could cause this switch to act intermittent. How's the
firewall/body mount on that side? It might lead to enough flexing to activate the
e-brake switch. Yet another thought would be to look at the connection on top of the
distribution block for conductive material between the pin and the wire that goes to
the light. You guessed it it goes thru a bulkhead connector near the master/boost
cylinder (Ithink this is where it goes thru) and corrosion there is another
possibility. Enough yet?

Matt

--

Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Do infants enjoy infancy as much as adults enjoy adultery?