Speakers 6x9 or Round??

>Question: which speakers would fit and work better on the side kick
>panels of a Scout II?  A 6x9 speaker or a Round say 5 inch?  I have
>never installed nor know the sound difference I have my new
>Crutchfield
>Magazine out now trying to decide on a cheap speaker thats loud
>enought
>to over come the Scouts noise level.  I also see that they now sell
>Water proof baffles for your speakers to sit in $8.00 each not bad if
>they work...

Hi Ed,
When I replaced those speakers in my Scout they were a standard size
that Crutchfield carried.  I think it was 5 1/4" so you won't have trouble
fitting them in.  I didn't check to see if 6x9's would fit.  I would highly
recommend the waterproof enclosures to keep dust/dirt and water if you
spray up there off of them.  When I pulled the old original speakers out I
found that Ziebart sprayed their goop right over them.  No wonder they
didn't sound very good but at least they didn't rust ;-).

HTH,
Jim G.
1979 Scout II
1977 Traveler