Re: 'nother sad day...., and questions

>Well, Tom, I don't have power steering either!  So the 152 *should* be
>able to run the compressor if that is the only load on the engine, right?

I think so... but if you feel underpowered now.... try robbing a few HP for
the compressor!

(Are we talking AC or compressed air?  I didn't pay that close of attention..)

>really see too much of a problem.  Tom, what year is your 196, do you
>know?  Wonder how much they changed the mounting holes, etc., through the
>years....

My 196 is a 76/77/78 (can't remember just which year).  The same AC bracket
bolted up to my '72 304V8, and your 152 is just half the 304..

I think, since the 152/196 are just half the V8, anything that bolts to the
passenger side of the V8 will work with the 4cyl.

Now, you may need to chisel some 20yr old crud out of the AC mounting holes....

-Tom