Vapor Lock- replacing fuel pump

>I recommend you replace your fuel pump with a new mechanical pump ($45
>Napa).  Here's why.

I think I will do that, mostly  because you make sense,

but also, like a politician, when there's a problem, I *have* to appear to be doing something about it,
even if I haven't a clue!!  Otherwise my wife gets super paranoid and will
force me to listen to a recitation of every bump, noise or funny smell, complete
with the gauge readings at the time of each "incident"* every time she goes anywhere.

I do own a fuel gauge.. so I should do a before/after check.  I also own a
Holley "red" pump that I got for $15 at a garage sale... don't know how trustworthy
it is.

Of course, with the red pump there may be enough of a pressure difference to
affect the float level.. and it sure runs OK now.

*Sometimes I feel like just taping over everything but the fuel gauge and telling
her "just call me if it stops."  A little knowledge is truly dangerous.

**In Use**
'70 1200D 4x4 Travelette 392 4spd
'73 1210 Wagonmaster, 392 auto
**Prepping for Repaint**