'69 1200 4X4 tempature?

Hey guys,
Quick question... What temp should my '69 3/4 ton Binder with a 345 V-8 run at approx. when fully warm?
It seems like it takes forever to get up to 160 deg.  That's about as high as it usually goes unless it's a warm day and sitting then it gets up around 170 deg or a tad higher. 160 deg for normal driving though. Is that alright or would 180 deg be more the norm?
I was told before if it is under temp sometimes that can be rough on internal parts. (lack of lubrication etc...)
Of course everyone tells me it's an IH's nature to be cold.
   I hear that about those ticking lifters too, but I just can't get use to those making noise either.
thanks,
Andrew Thomas
'69 1200 4X4
345V-8, 4 speed, 4:10's
And cooler than the other side of the pillow :)