Re: Spark plug gap

In a brilliant stroke of genius, Andrew <lynx@domain.elided> blurted out:

>  I got some Bosch Platinums for my '69 1200 4X4.
>I'm gonna get them in this week-end and I was wondering if any of you guys had some advice on a good gap setting???
>  I still just have the old points ignition so I don't have a lot spark power anyway.  Should I just stay at the stock gap. Just wondering,

Andrew,

I'd definitely stay with the stock gap setting unless you upgrade other
parts of the ignition system to handle the increased peak voltage that can
result from wider settings.  This is especially important with
breaker-point systems.

Regards,

John
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com    |
Conservative Libertarian      |
Life Member of the NRA        |        All the GOOD things in life
WA Arms Collectors            |              are DANGEROUS!
Commercial Helicopter - Inst. |
www.halcyon.com/jlandry/      |