Re: Glue removal

Thanks Yank.

I was the one who asked, and I got lots of good suggestions. I finally
got
(almost) all of the glue off, and I think my main problem was with my
technique, not with the products I was using. As you mentioned, you need
to let the stuff soak in for a while. I had tried that before, but the
liquid would just run off. What I finally did was to place toilet paper
on top of the glue, and soak it with the solvent (I found that a stuff
called Goof Off removed the glue well without removing the paint). The
TP would stick to the metal and hold the solvent up against the glue.
After about 15 minutes, I'd remove the TP and use a plastic scraper to
remove the glue. It still takes a while, but this method softened up
the glue much more than anything else I tried.

later,         curt_cleavinger@domain.elided  Louisville, CO
  Curt         Binder Bunch: http://www.off-road.com/~jweed/binder.htm
 [/>/]             [\<\] '75 Scout II     '75 Travelall 150