Re: Re[4]: Spring Lift

>     The Skyjacker lift pulls the rear axle forward about 1/2" so that the
>     stock driveshaft can be kept.  I believe that the problem with 33's is
>     that they'll rub the front edge of the wheel-well.  (Is this correct
>     Tom?)  With a little body lift, or - I think - by turning the springs
>     around, the 33's should fit with little/no problem.

Yes, the springs move the axle forward 1/2" or so (at least, I was told)...
when they measured me at NWBRU for the Ramp, I was told I had a 100" WB..
whether that was less than careful measuring or what, I don't know...

I *used* to think you'd need to move the axle rearward for clearance... my
personal experience indicates that is NOT the case.

I have 4" Skyjacker springs with 2" longer rear shackles.

At rest, my 33s *look* like they'd hit the front edge of the rear wheel
well.. when the tire droops, it actually rolls UNDER that edge.. when the
spring compresses, the arch of the spring comes out, elongating the spring,
rolling the whole axle assembly *REARWARD*... in fact, my tires rub on the
*rear* of the wheel well, and when stuffed, are as close to "centered" in
the wheel well as one could hope... there's just a little clearance to the
front of the wheel well, but NONE to the rear.. I think a body lift will
alleviate the problem.

Now, if I wanted to put 35s on my Scout, something else would have to be
done.. there just isn't room.

I have some pcitures scanned and ready for me to put the HTML around (like
so many other photos I've taken recently) that shows me "test fitting" my
33s... jacking up the tire to see where it hits, jacking the body and/or
other side up to see how the tire droops, etc.

I'll do my best to get after it and put those pictures on my webpage...
there's gonna be a huge mass-update before long....

-Tom