FW:'72 Scout II Charging Problem

If anyone can help me out with this I would appreciate it.  I have to do
some towing this weekend and would like to use the Scout.  Can anyone tell
me...

Does a stock '72 Scout II with an I-6 have an external voltage regulator?
If so, where is it?
How can I improve my charging voltage at the battery when I'm getting 35
volts at the alternator but only 12 at the battery?