Home From The Nationals

I tried posting this all day yesterday without success.  Hopefully I'll have
better luck today.  Anyway, I made it home without any incident from the
Nationals.  Amazingly, I only had to stop for gas twice on the way home (the
gas tank in the Scout leaks with more than 10 gallons in it).  I did get a
"new" used tank for it.  I had a great time, and my wife had a great time.
Next year I hope to have the Travelall done in time to take it down.  Hmmm,
I'll have to tow the scout with it because I don't want to miss off-roading
at the farm.  I have to laugh at all the people taking the time to stop and
check my Scout out (rusty 79 with a rolled on orange paint job).  I was
parked in the barn, next to Jerry and Stacey Muncies Hot Stuff.  All the
other trucks in the barn were in beautiful condition except for our two (the
Hot Stuff is in much better condition than mine though).  It seemed people
were taking as much interest in my old, rusted rig than they were in the Hot
Stuff.  I think Jerry and Stacey were taking pictures of people checking out
my truck.  Most comments were, "Yep, that's a Michigan truck".  The engine
is really clean though and that drew a lot of attention.  I didn't get to
meet all the digesters there, but it was really nice meeting the people I
did meet.  You are really a great bunch of people.  Hopefully more of you
can attend next year.

Hope to see you all again next year!
Mike Marentette
74 Travelall