Crazy ramblings, but it wasn't sexual

>I was going to mention this information but you beat me to it.  I'm
>surprised that a story that describes a society where unintentional fires no
>longer exist and the term "fireman" refers to a member of the government
>organization that goes around burning books is not well known by everyone on
>the IH digest with the social and political ideas often presented here.  IH
>related of course.
>
>If Ray Bradbury were alive he would drive an IH.

Hey Pete,
What leads you to the conclusion that the book, and ideas aren't well
known by the digesters. Admittedly, the name was mangled in the original
post, but the thought was well taken. Being a mangler, at times, myself,
I regarded it as an unusual typo in that I could see nothing Freudian in
it. (grin)

If Ray Bradbury were alive he would drive an IH, and he would get a
letter from John L. asking him to be more Landryesque in his writing in
that paper really ignites at 450.737 degrees F. and that anything worth
doing is worth doing correctly. Speaking of that you'd think I'd learn
how this keyboard makes degree marks, wouldn't you?

Shall we take a poll while so many of the troops are off at the Nationals
on how many of us have read "Fahrenheit 451" ? Just kidding. But I
suspect your original premise was correct, Pete, in that IHC digesters
are a cut above. Those that may not have had a lot of formal education
seem to have a lot of common sense and general knowledge, why else would
they be on our digest. Lots of us may have had more formal education than
we turned out needing. Common sense went a lot further in helping me help
kids for lots of years, than anything I learned in lots and lots of
formal schooling. Hmmmm, I wonder if paper used as symbolic indicators of
having completed formal education hoops, also ignites at 451 F.?

Would we even let Clinton drive a classic Travelall, I think not! By the
way, Andrew, I'd advise you to keep Baby Butt Cheeks away from the White
House. Baby Butt Cheeks indeed ! Andrew, you ought to be ashamed or
yourself. Poor girl. (actually, it makes me smile, and I doubt that smile
has anything salacious in it at all)

Regards and sorry for being a little crazy this morning, I read all the
Starr report last night, and I think it's making me this way this
morning. I'll try to straighten myself out by tomorrow.
John H.