Re: ihc-digest V6 #117

Willy wrote:
> Who was it that posted a Maulis twisted front axle for sale the other
> day (Colorado area)?
> I am looking to lift my SS II and will be looking for twisted front
> axle,4 inch lift springs (new or used), and all the pieces/parts to get
> it together.
That would be Curt C

> Got a glue gun, got a wife, got velcro, now all I need is too much
vinyl;)
Let me know if you want some tan.

> Did you get that *parts* Scout you mentioned at RMIHR?
Yep.  I'll salvage the emissions equipment because I'm thinking of moving
closer to Denver, and they *might* require it in my '74 Travelall.  Also,
I'll
get a good black dashboard, and a gasoline tank (vs my current diesel
tank).
I'll have a 304 builder, TF727, Dana20, and some 4" springs left over.  Let
me know if anyone out here is interested in any of these.  BTW, the springs

look good, but manufacturer is unknown.  Unfortunately it is worth more as
scrap than as a whole, since the PO took the axles off.

Steve wrote:

> Be careful trying to remove glue residue with methylene chloride.  That
> is the main ingredient in the best paint removers.
Thanks Steve, but you know, it appears to work better when you don't intend
for it to work than when you are trying to get it to work!

Hey, thanks all for the rumblin' rear tips - I just knew it couldn't
actually be
axle wrap with those stiff springs!

Oh, and sadly, I will have to replace one of the IHs in my fleet with a
furrin
(non-IH) make.  I've decided that my scout is non-optimal for 3 hours of
commuting a day.  So today I was at a Mercedes dealer in Denver looking
at a used Audi Quattro.  While driving around the salesman spent about 15
minutes asking me about my Scout - he was thinking seriously about buying
one! He mentioned that there was a store in Denver called "The Intl Scout
Store"!

Ken Farmer
1980 Scout II
1975 Travelall - will be on the block come January or so
1974 Travelall
1995 Audi ?