Nationals.

Binders,
   This is day one of Nationals. For those of you to lazy to show up, we
are having a blast. I left Jersey at 11:15 and while I was getting gas
Ed Kraus called me on my cell and wanted to join us in our abreviated
convoy. I met Joe at a rest stop right out of Philly at 12:45. Then we
drove about 2 hours or so and when we stopped I reallised that Joe had
lost the bottom bolt on his back shock. So, we pulled the bolt off the
top and threw the shock in the back.
   We then met Ed at 6:15. We then got to Springfield at 9:30 A.M.
   Once there we met a lot of digesters, including, Tom Lang, Tom
Mandera, Jerry Muncie, Tark, Epp (more on him later), Bruce Slykhouse,
Howard Pletcher, Bill Thebert, Gary (the drunk), Nick Rayner, and more.
I know I forgot some I'll mention them later.
   Now about Epp. This is all Tom Mandera's fault of course. Tom and Epp
had already gotten here in Springfield last night and were heading to
the hotel. As Epp was going threw the traffic light it turned red on him
in the middle. A man came threw the light and caught the rear passenger
quarter and pushed the Terra into a parked Honda. The Terra then bounced
off the Honda and put it on the side of the truck crushing the door
handle into the body and snapping the mirror off like a twig. After
slidding 10 or 20 feet to a stop with gas seeping all over the place,
Tom then released his seat belt dumping himself onto Epp. The truck was
then righted by a tow truck and towed away for the night. There was very
little damage done to the important parts of the truck. Except, the
passenger rear axle flange is probable bent. The bed is toast, but; the
fiberglass top was not hurt. (That is the important part! <g>) No one
was hurt.
   More tommorrow.

Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided

   1979 Scout II 345, Auto, 3.07's, Trak-Lok. One Ugly and Trusty Truck.
Stacking the deck for the ugly truck competion.

1971 Scout II 304, D30/44, D20, power steering.