TowingQuestion

Folks,
Last night, a bit of a scare.  Towing a small pickup with towbar and
mid-size car, pickup seemed to want to push the rear end of the car
around.  Wow, tight turns were a pain.  I had to make them as wide as
possible, else I would literally get shoved sideways a bit.  Seventy-
five miles, no trooper problems (two passed me, I guess I looked OK
to them), felt I had no choice but to continue slow and careful, damn
glad to get home with it intact, never ever do that again.

Question.  Was my rear end pushed around due to too light car weight?
(I have towed many boats where the boat actually weighed about that
of the truck and nevre experienced this problem).  This small pickup
had no power steering (tires inflated properly and steering wheel
unlocked).  Was the pickup slow to auto turn by the nature of the
towbar (it was a proper rental unit)?  Could I have changed the front
tire pressure to help matters (and would I increase or decrease
pressure)?  Puzzled.  Mark