Re: '72 Scout II Trial

On Tue, 8 Sep 1998, Darrel Kline wrote:

> >No $700 cash owed to me... no repairs owed to me... no damages for keeping
> >my Scout from me (heck, didn't even try for the emotional scarring that took
> >place, or my Scout's hurt feelings).
>
> Sorry about the bad luck. Seems like the courts always decide in favor of
> the business, regardless of the circumstances.....

Nice thought, Darrel... too bad *I* am a business in this transaction, too!

I guess this is what happens when you lie outright on the stand... you win!

Seems I broke our "contract" when, after 6 months of not working on my
Scout, I demanded he return my truck.. thereby denying him the
opportunity to fulfill his non-cash portion of the contract...

Of course, he owed me $700 cash on top of that.. and I never said he
*couldn't* do the work.. hell, I was going to just forget about having
the body mounts replaced.. I wanted the $700 bones and my Scout back..

But of course, this is all yesterday's news...

Gotta build my webpage around the whole mess and MP3 the answering
machine tapes of this idiot.. at least I can have a little fun with it I
guess.

-Tom